I'm Feeling 22

Sunday, 18 April 2021

I'm feeling twenty twooooooo 

I've waited such a long time to say that!!! 

I cannot believe another birthday has rolled around already, and that I am now twenty-two years old. How on earth did that happen? I still can't wrap my head around the fact I'm no longer a teenager and now an 'adult', let alone now being twenty-two! 

My last birthday post on this blog was when I had just turned nineteen and after reading it back recently, it\"s crazy to see how things change over the space of a few years. Last year I celebrated my 21st birthday at home with a group facetime with friends, a daily walk and a bbq thinking 'it'll only be a month or so and then I can celebrate properly', little did I know I'd be having another lockdown birthday a year later! 

Despite the current restrictions, I was able to see a few close friends and family for some small celebrations and felt so grateful to be happy, healthy and surrounded by loved ones after the rough year we've all had. 

 

Products Pictured: Sanctuary Spa Melt Away Cleansing Oil*, Sanctuary Spa Complexion Perfecting Radiance Exfoliator*, Sanctuary Spa 1 Minute Daily Glow Face Mask*, Revolution x Roxi Cosy Vibes Palette*, Laines London Cream Jellyfish Slippers.

The day began bright and early with my partner Tyler bringing in an array of balloons into the bedroom and letting off a confetti cannon covering not only me but the entire room in iridescent sparkles. I had my essential morning cuppa, opened gifts and got ready for the day with my birthday playlist blasting, including Taylor Swifts iconic song '22' of course, and had a quick lunch before heading out for the day.  

I had a lovely afternoon with my parents and siblings in the garden eating cake, opening more gifts and catching up after not seeing them for several months, followed by an evening with one of my closest friends having one too many drinks and a lot of laughs. 


This age doesn't feel very different, but I feel I'm reaching the stage where I'm finally settling into my 20's, maturing (who am I kidding..), and beginning to experience "adulthood" whatever that means. 

I used to have such high expectations for my 20's and felt like I had to achieve so many things by a certain age, but if the past year has shown us anything, it's that life is unpredictable and never goes to plan! I want this year to be full of love, happiness and making memories and I'm not putting any pressure on myself to achieve certain milestones by a particular time. Just enjoying life, as corny as it sounds, and going with the flow. 

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes and support on my recent posts, I'm very grateful! Here's to a successful year, I can't wait to see what twenty-two brings. 



This post may contain affiliate links marked with *, which means I may receive a commission if you purchase via the links provided, at no extra cost to you! 

Post a Comment